What Restoration Options Do Dentists Offer for a Cracked Tooth?
Dr. Kevin Smith and the dental health care professionals at Dr. Smith’s office treat their patients in the Upper West Side with veneers. If you have recently cracked a tooth, whether because of an olive pit or an overhand pitch, Dr. Smith can help restore the tooth to its original condition and function.
What should I do when I crack a tooth?
A tooth may crack because of a traumatic injury or because it is weak or decayed. A patient’s first step when they crack a tooth should be to see a dentist. Until being seen by a dentist, pack the tooth with gauze to help control any bleeding. Avoid exposing the cracked tooth to anything hot or cold as that may irritate an exposed nerve.
How do I know my tooth is cracked?
If the cause of a cracked tooth is not obvious, the tooth may have cracked due to decay, unusual wear, or from a patient grinding their teeth in their sleep. A cracked tooth may be:
1. Sensitive to hot or cold substances
2. Inefficient or ineffective when eating hard or tough foods
3. Painful while chewing
Can my tooth be fixed?
A cracked tooth can be treated in a variety of ways. It depends on the cause of the crack, the manner of the crack, and if the tooth’s pulp or root is exposed. Not every cracked tooth will be repairable by the same method, but some treatment options include:
• Veneers: are tooth colored and shaped shells made to place over the affected tooth or teeth.
• Fillings: Resin fillings are made from a tooth-colored plastic material that will fill the crack and restore the integrity of the tooth.
• Crowns: A cover placed over an affected tooth that is used to restore the tooth’s shape, strength, and appearance.
• Bridges: A row of artificial teeth fitted to the wearer’s existing teeth to span any gaps created by missing natural teeth.
• Implants: The affected tooth is removed and a socket is secured to the jaw in its place. A small post made of metal is then placed into the socket and a crown is then fashioned to replace the visible and functional surface of the tooth.
• Dentures: These replacements for missing teeth and their surrounding tissues are made of acrylic resin (sometimes combined with metal attachments). Dentures may replace all or some missing teeth.
How can I prevent my teeth from cracking?
Avoid hard foods that can cause teeth to crack (ice, nuts, candy). Malocclusions and other dental issues should be treated by an experienced dentist. Conscientious oral health care habits can help prevent teeth from cracking due to decay or gum disease. It is important to:
• Brush. Brush your teeth after each meal and before bedtime, or at least twice a day. Brush your teeth in a circular motion to reach the front, back, and side surfaces of each tooth, and don’t forget to brush along the gumline.
• Floss. Floss at least once every day to keep your teeth strong and healthy. Flossing removes built up food debris and plaque from between your teeth and your gums. Healthy gums provide your teeth with the foundation they need to remain strong.
• Rinse. Rinse with water at the end of the brushing session. Even if you haven’t brushed, swish some water around your mouth and through your teeth. Swallow and brush as soon after as you are able.
Healthy teeth, healthy body.
The foods we eat affect our overall health, and that means on our oral health as well. Fruits, veggies, the calcium in milk, and even the water we drink nurture and strengthen teeth. A poor diet can result in poor oral health. Be mindful that these two areas of your health care are intimately related. And always remember to rinse out your mouth after every meal!
Dr. Smith and the team in the Upper West Side help their patients keep their teeth healthy, happy, and intact. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, call: (212) 799-1441
Sedation Treatment for People with Dental Anxiety and Fear
Dental anxiety and fear causes many people to avoid getting the proper dental care they need. It may even stop them from visiting the dentist altogether. If you experience dental fear or anxiety and resist going to the dentist because of it, the team at Dr. Kevin Smith’s office understands. If the thought of going to the dentist scares you or causes you anxiety, you may be a candidate for sedation dentistry in the Upper West Side. Learn more about what sedation treatment is, and how Dr. Kevin Smith help make your next trip to the dentist a more enjoyable and comfortable experience.
Sedation treatment is most effective for people who experience real fear or anxiety about visiting the dentist. Too many people forego visiting the dentist because of this fear and anxiety, and they don’t get the important dental health care that they need. Dental sedation treatment may help most patients who have:
• Fear of the dentist
• Difficulty getting numb
• Sensitive teeth
• Fear of needles or shots
• Sensitive gag reflexes
What Is Sedation Treatment?
Sedation dentistry means that the dentist treating you uses medication that will help patients relax and stay calm or even sleep during their dental procedures. Sedation treatment is:
• A less painful way toward good oral health and hygiene.
During sedation treatment, patients are usually awake throughout the procedure (except when a procedure must include general anesthesia). The levels of sedation that a patient may experience include:
• Minimal sedation: You will be awake yet relaxed.
• Moderate sedation (conscious sedation): You may experience some slurred speech while under sedation, but you will have little to no memory of the procedure.
• Deep sedation: You may feel just on the edge of sleep (“twilight sleep”) during the procedure, but you will have no memory of the procedure.
• General anesthesia: You are completely unconscious during the procedure.
How does sedation treatment work?
During your procedure with sedation treatment, you can expect to become extremely relaxed and you may even fall asleep. This makes it easy for Dr. Kevin Smith to work on your teeth without worrying about what the patient is feeling.
A cleaner and healthier looking smile will be all you experience. Don’t let fear or stress be the reason you don’t go to visit the dentist. If you’re looking for sedation treatment in the Upper West Side please contact Dr. Kevin Smith today at: (212) 799-1441
Seven Tips for a Healthy and Beautiful Smile
Practicing good oral hygiene techniques at home can help maintain a healthy and beautiful smile. Dentist, Dr. Kevin Smith and his team at in Manhattan NY suggest these seven tips for a healthy and beautiful smile for their patients.
Your smile here...
1. Make it a routine. Dr. Smith recommends that you brush your teeth after each meal and at bedtime, or at least twice a day for two-to-three minutes at each session. Use the correct brushing technique and follow up with floss and an anti-plaque mouthwash.
2. Floss. Remember to floss before brushing. This will help get rid of any food or bacteria that is stuck in between your teeth and help to prevent cavities, tooth decay, gum disease, etc.
3. Chew. If brushing, flossing, or rinsing after a meal isn’t practical, then chewing sugar-free gum can help to clean teeth, clear the spaces between teeth of food debris, and reduce odor-causing bacteria in the mouth.
4. Avoid stains. Coffee, tea, and soda are known to stain teeth. Water, milk, and clear liquids don’t stain teeth as severely. While every food that stains teeth cannot be avoided all the time, it is important to be conscious of what foods cause your teeth to need special attention.
5. Eat well. Eating well may mean different things to different people, but consider that vegetables and fruits promote good dental health. Eating crunchy vegetables and fruits help scrub away plaque and bacteria naturally. The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants found in these foods help protect your teeth and gums.
6. Visit. Dr. Smith recommends patients be examined in the office approximately every 90 days (or every three months). All of the plaque and bacteria that was removed during the last cleaning visit will return that quickly. A routine dental cleaning and checkup every three-to-six months will reveal emerging problems so that can be treated early.
7. Don’t stress. Don’t let fear or stress be a reason to avoid the dentist. The professionals at Dr. Kevin Smith’s practice understand that fear of the discomfort and expense associated with regular checkups can cause conscientious oral health care habits to be a low priority.
The condition of the teeth and gums has an influence beyond a patient’s mouth. Good health care and good dental care are the same thing, and a beautiful, healthy smile is evidence of overall good physical health. Dr. Smith and his team in Manhattan NY help their patients maintain or improve their overall health with good oral health. Call them at: (212) 799-1441
What are my Options When it Comes to Teeth Whitening?
Dr. Kevin Smith and his team are committed to not only helping their patients achieve a healthy smile, but also to assisting them in enjoying a beautiful one. Some patients have extreme cosmetic issues that need to be addressed with several treatments and procedures to achieve the smile they’ve wanted. Others just need a simple tooth whitening procedure to boost the whiteness of their smile. At Dr. Smith’s practice in the 10023 area, they offer a variety of whitening treatments, including at-home whitening and in-office teeth whitening.
Teeth Whitening 10023
Our teeth whitening system allows patients to have in-office whitening done in approximately one hour. It can leave teeth up to eight shades whiter after just one appointment, providing amazing results that can last several months.
Many patients who consult with Dr. Kevin Smith in regards to our whitening system are curious about what the treatment entails. Patients are put at ease, learning that there is no pain or discomfort during the treatment. In fact, patients will sit back and relax during their entire treatment.
At the beginning of the treatment, patients will get comfortable in the dentist’s chair. A plastic protector is put on the patient’s mouth to hold the lips and cheeks away from their gums and teeth. Then, a barrier gel will be painted onto the patient’s gums to ensure none of the bleaching agent affects the gums. Then, bleaching gel will be brushed onto the patient’s teeth. A specialized light will be focused on the patient’s smile to activate the whitening gel and begin the whitening process.
The length of time needed will vary, depending on how severe the patient’s discoloration is, and how their tooth enamel is responding to the bleaching treatment. In most cases, the treatment is done in approximately one hour.
Dr. Kevin Smith is proud to offer both at-home whitening and in-office whitening in the 10023 zip code area. To find out more contact Dr. Kevin Smith today! (212) 799-1441
Is Invisalign Expensive?
Invisalign and Invisalign Teen are becoming an increasingly popular method of orthodontic treatment, and many prospective patients are unaware of the price and commitment that factors into a decision to be treated with Invisalign or Invisalign Teen. Dr. Kevin Smith treats patients with Invisalign in Central park West. Dr. Kevin Smith and his team know that cost is more than just money paid. Orthodontic treatment is also an investment in time, effort, and commitment.
The Cost of Invisalign
Braces and Invisalign can be very similar in cost, but Invisalign can be a more economical alternative for some patients. Invisalign costs range from $3,500 to as much as $8,000. Most patients’ treatment with Invisalign costs around $5,000, depending upon each patient’s needs and treatment goals. Traditional braces, on the other hand, can cost a patient anywhere from $4,000 to $10,000, depending on the amount of work needed.
Insurance and Invisalign
Your dental or health insurance may cover part of the cost of your orthodontic treatment. Some insurance plans may cover up to $3,500 of an Invisalign treatment. For more information about the costs of treatment and insurance coverage, speak with the team at Dr. Smith’s Office and your insurer.
Invisalign.com has a valuable tool for prospective orthodontic patients; their Invisalign Cost Calculator. It computes the approximate monthly cost of your treatment based on information such as your insurance coverage contingencies and and any flexible spending account savings.
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a handy, tax-free way to save toward treatment costs. Dr. Kevin Smith and his team can discuss with you the possibility of spreading your payments out over the course of treatment. They’ll be happy to work with you to make your health care affordable. Cost of treatment should not be a barrier for anyone looking to improve their smiles and their oral health care.
For more information, or to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith, call the team at Dr. Smith’s Office near Central Park West at: (212) 799-1441
Are you an adult considering orthodontia to straighten your teeth but are concerned about your appearance while undergoing treatment? At Dr. Smith’s Office in the Upper West Side, we customize a personal plan of teeth-straightening care that best fits your orthodontic treatment goals and your cosmetic concerns. Advancements in orthodontic care technology such as Invisalign may be the right course of treatment for you.
Why Choose Invisalign in the Upper West Side?
• Traditional braces are not removable by the patient. This type of teeth-straightening braces consist of brackets and wires that are fixed onto your teeth and worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Because they are not removable, patients using this treatment plan must take the proper precautions, such as avoiding certain foods or playing rough in contact sports).
• Invisalign is removable and essentially invisible to the human eye. Invisalign is a clear plastic tray that fits over your teeth. They may be taken out during the day for eating, brushing your teeth, and flossing. A removable appliance, however, requires extra care to ensure that they stay clean and hygienic. Invisalign is easy to remove and to keep clean.
• Invisalign offers more comfort. The sides or “wings” of the brackets might cause sores and pain during mouth movements.
• Invisalign is made of a strong, medical-grade, thermoplastic material. The Invisalign trays are fitted snugly around your teeth. They are clear and removable, so they are not very noticeable. They cause less discomfort than metal braces but might not be as effective as traditional braces in treating vertical adjustments.
• Invisalign clear aligners are removable, lighter, and more convenient to wear during day-to-day activities in the Upper West Side.
Trust Dr. Kevin Smith to help you choose the right course of treatment for your individual needs and lifestyle. They can help you make the best decisions for you and your smile and will help you in choosing the right orthodontic treatment for you. Contact us at: (212) 799-1441
Five Reasons to Get a Regular Teeth Cleaning from Your Dentist
Dr. Kevin Smith and his team are sensitive to the idea that dental visits are inconvenient and may be uncomfortable. These are understandable reasons to avoid a conscientious schedule of visits for regular teeth cleaning in Hell’s Kitchen. Regular teeth cleanings with Dr. Kevin Smith are the most effective way to keep teeth clean, free of plaque and tartar, and given the attention they need to stay healthy longer.
For their patients in Hell’s Kitchen Dr. Kevin Smith and the professional team know that offering convenient and affordable dental care options leads to a higher level of patient participation and better treatment outcomes overall. Regular cleanings go hand-in-hand with regular check ups, and regular check ups mean less problems later on. Dr. Kevin Smith recommends a thorough cleaning every three-to-six months.
As the saying goes, “Ninety percent of success is just showing up.”
Top Five List for Dental Cleansing
1. Strong Teeth. Teeth accumulate plaque and tartar, which lead to tooth decay. Conscientious cleanings remove this built up plaque and tartar, leaving teeth clean and white.
2. Healthy Gums. Plaque and tartar build up on the back surfaces of the teeth as well as the front surfaces. Food collects between the teeth and along the gumline. Regular cleanings removes the material that brushing and flossing at home (you do floss, don’t you?) cannot.
3. Bright Smiles. Regular cleanings remove the bacteria and food debris that can cause tooth decay. The process also polishes the surface enamel of teeth making them bright and clean looking. Brighter, healthier teeth are happy to be shown off in bigger, more confident smiles.
4. Clean Breath. Bad breath is caused by bacteria in the mouth that feed on food debris on teeth. Regular teeth cleaning removes the fuel that bacteria need to produce the gasses that cause bad breath. Clean air in; clean air out.
5. Good Attention. Dr. Kevin Smith schedules teeth cleaning appointments for his patients that fit their schedule and their needs; an appointment every three-to-six months is typical. They know it is important for teeth to be maintained, cleaned, and examined conscientiously to ensure their patients’ continued good health. Patients of Dr. Kevin Smith can feel confident that their teeth are the healthiest they can be.
Don’t put off a teeth cleaning appointment until you start to notice bad breath or begin to feel pain. Staying ahead of tooth decay by undergoing regular cleanings with Dr. Kevin Smith and the team near Hell’s Kitchen is the insurance that patients can rely on to keep their teeth healthy and clean.
Dr. Smith and his team are experts in dentistry. If you have any questions pertaining to Inivsalign, cosmetic dentistry, veneers, crowns and general family dentistry in New York, NY, Upper West Side, Hell’s Kitchen, Broadway and Central Park West or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
What do I do after my treatment with Invisalign Teen is over?
Dr. Kevin Smith and his team advise their patients in the Upper West Side continue to be seen in their office, even after their orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear aligners is complete, to ensure that their teeth stay set and secure in their optimal positions.
Invisalign Teen in the Upper West Side
Continue to Work with Dr. Kevin Smith.
Because you have completed your course of treatment with Invisalign Teen, that does not mean your teeth will stop shifting. Teeth continue to shift and move throughout your adult life. Conscientiously kept appointments with Dr. Smith ensure that when new problems arise, Dr. Kevin Smith can intervene and correct the problem so it does not escalate into a more serious situation.
Get a Retainer. Wear it.
Teeth continue to move and shift naturally after treatment with Invisalign is complete. Wearing a retainer after treatment will ensure the teeth continue to stay in the desired position. There are different types or retainers that Dr. Smith offers after Invisalign treatment. One type is a permanent retainer comprised of a strip of metal fastened to the back surfaces of the teeth. There are also removable retainers available that are worn at night. Both retainers are effective at maintaining your smile after your Invisalign treatment is over.
While this may seem like an obvious tip, it is one of the most important ones. For your teeth and mouth to stay healthy after your treatment with Invisalign, Dr. Smith stresses the importance of conscientious oral health care habits after treatment to ensure long-lasting results.
See Your Dentist.
Continue to see your dentist after your orthodontic treatments with Invisalign is complete. Your dentist will evaluate the state of your dental health after Invisalign treatment, identify and treat any emerging issues, and help keep your teeth clean and healthy. Good oral health habits are important, even after your treatment with Invisalign Teen in the Upper West Side is over.
Dr. Smith and his team are experts in Invisalign Teen. If you have any questions pertaining to Inivsalign, cosmetic dentistry, veneers, crowns and general family dentistry in New York, NY, Upper West Side, Hell’s Kitchen, Broadway and Central Park West or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
Three Ways to Get the Smile of a Celebrity from a Cosmetic Dentist
Dr. Kevin Smith and his staff help their patients achieve red carpet-worthy smiles for patients in and near the 10023 zip code area. Maintenance is important in keeping one’s smile camera-ready and their teeth ready for their close-up. Fame requires diligence to achieve, and so does a celebrity-quality smile.
What makes a celebrity-quality smile?
Celebrities cannot count on Photoshop anymore to give their teeth their whitest, straightest, healthiest appearance possible. Everyone has a camera now, and controlling how one looks “in post-” in not possible anymore. Selfies, candids, and even hidden cameras can all betray a less-than-perfect smile. Modern cosmetic dentistry can help patients achieve perfect smiles that would be the envy of any ambitious publicist or press representative.
What is involved?
1. Brush, floss, and rinse your teeth and gums after each meal and before bedtime, or at least twice a day. Plaque, tartar, and food debris collect on the surfaces and in between teeth. Left to fester, these materials feed the bacteria in the mouth that cause tooth decay and bad breath. Keeping the mouth free of this material is key in maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
2. Visit the dentist regularly, every three-to-six months, for a thorough dental cleaning. Regular dental check-ups can spot emerging issues in time to keep them from becoming major problems.
3. Consider cosmetic dentistry. Correcting dental or orthodontic issues is more than appearance. Orthodontics can improve the functionality and the ease-of-care of the teeth. Maintenance is easier and smiling becomes more natural.
Where do I start?
Not everyone is born with a set of perfectly aligned teeth. Straight teeth function more efficiently, are easier to keep clean, and look naturally appealing when correctly lined in the mouth. Often times teeth need guidance to grow in straight. Braces and clear aligner systems can help patients not born with straight teeth achieve a more functional and attractive smile.
Teeth can stain, discolor, or decay. These conditions may be obvious and cause the patient concern or even pain. Caps, crowns, and porcelain veneers are methods of restoring teeth to their original and optimal condition. They can even out the surfaces of the teeth, close gaps between teeth, and improve the appearance of the teeth.
A thorough dental cleaning with a qualified dental hygienist can do a lot to keep teeth clean, free of debris, and safe from decay. Even when teeth are not their whitest, a clean mouth goes a long way in contributing to a person’s attitude and appearance.
A celebrity-quality smile is as much about attitude as it is about white teeth. The correct position, good condition, and uniform shade of the teeth equip the patient with the confidence to smile big and brightly. Sparkling white teeth in a big, bright smile are the wow factor that can put your smile out on the red carpet.
Dr. Kevin Smith and his team are the expert cosmetic dentists. If you have any questions pertaining to family dentistry, teeth whitening, veneers, dentures and general dentistry in Upper West Side, 10023 Zip code area, New York, NY, Hells Kitchen, Broadway and Central Park West or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
Five Tips for Finding the Right Family Dentist
Dr. Kevin Smith and his team advise their prospective patients to consider a few important points when considering being treated by a new family dentist in the Upper West Side. Here are five tips to follow as you do your research.
Famiy Dentist in the Upper West Side
1. Ask friends and family One of the best resources for information when considering a new dentist is the opinions of your family and friends. They can relate their experiences, good and bad, with their dentists. Some good questions to ask are:
• How long do I have to wait to be seen?
• Do you feel comfortable with their staff?
• How do they handle payments?
• How do they handle emergencies?
• How well does the dentist explain your options for treatment?
2. Know their qualifications Most state dental boards have a searchable website of licensed dentists. It may also list a dentist’s education, training, and expertise. Use this resource to research dentists near where you live or work and learn more about what each practice offers or specializes in.
3. Confirm the location and hours Choose a dentist that is close to your job or home or somewhere along your commute. Ensuring that your dentist is conveniently located will lessen the stress of making and keeping important dental treatment appointments. Consider if their patient schedules and days open fit with your schedule.
4. Discuss cost and payment Make sure that the provider you are considering participates with your insurance plan. Be certain of what procedures are covered and what any deductibles or annual limits might be. Many dental practices will offer their patients an extended payment schedule, payable over the course of treatment. Know what your dentist offers.
5. Know how they handle emergencies Confirm with your prospective dentists when they are available for emergency office visits and what they require from you. Most dentists will make time during regular business hours to treat a patient with an emergency. Many may even take personal time to meet with a patient during an emergency.
Dr. Kevin Smith and his team in the Upper West Side take great care in providing their patients with the most sensitive and appropriate care available. Trust them to take the time to plan the course of treatment most appropriate for you. Dr. Kevin Smith and his team are the expert in family dentistry, If you have any questions pertaining to cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, veneers, dentures and general dentistry in Upper West Side, 10023 Zip code area, New York, NY, Hells Kitchen, Broadway and Central Park West or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact at: (212) 799-1441
Top Five Reasons for Getting Veneers in the Upper West Side
Dr. Kevin Smith and his staff are experts in treating their patients with porcelain veneers in the Upper West Side. They know the top five reasons reported by their patients, throughout New York for getting porcelain veneers.
What are veneers?
Dental veneers are coatings of a glass-like material that are bonded to the surface of the teeth to disguise a discolored tooth, even out an irregularly shaped tooth, or complete a chipped tooth making the patient’s smile more natural looking. Temporary veneers may be used while permanent porcelain veneers are being custom-made for the patient. They help protect the tooth or teeth from sensitivity to temperature and make them functional during treatment. Veneers, even permanent ones, are replaceable if lost or damaged.
Top five reasons for getting porcelain veneers in the Upper West Side:
Reasons to improve one’s smile are myriad, but most often patients who consider veneers in the Upper West Side have in common:
1. A better alignment: Slight positional differences among the teeth can be evened out with porcelain veneers. The surface of the teeth look more natural, the position of the teeth more functional, and the patient’s self-image is boosted.
2. A more functional bite: The size and shape of the teeth can be made to look more natural with porcelain veneers. More even teeth improves a patient’s bite and the function of the teeth. Teeth look stronger and healthier and match more closely the appearance of the surrounding teeth with porcelain veneers.
3. A healthier mouth: A more functional bite and a more even surface to brush and keep clean means porcelain veneers can help improve a patient’s dental health. Flossing is easier, brushing is more effective, and the new look of the teeth in the mouth encourage the patient to maintain good oral health care habits.
4. A brighter smile: Porcelain veneers can help all the teeth appear whiter and they can match a discolored or misshapen tooth. A brighter, more uniform, and more natural looking smile is achieved.
5. A stronger self-image: A patient with straighter, brighter, and more uniform teeth through treatment with porcelain veneers achieves a stronger sense of self-confidence. They smile more and bigger, they chew efficiently, and they care for their teeth and gums more easily.
Dr. Kevin Smith is an expert in Veneers in the Upper West Side. If you have any questions pertaining to dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, Zoom whitening, veneers or dentures in the Upper West Side, Hell's Kitchen, Broadway, Central Park West and New York, NY or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
Can a Cosmetic Dentist in the Upper West Side Improve Your Smile?
Dr. Kevin Smith and the team at Dr. Kevin Smith’s office in the Upper West Side have a toolbox of methods that helps patients achieve a healthier, brighter, and more confident smile. They know that smoking, drinking coffee, or eating some foods can stain and discolor your teeth. Regular semi-annual cleanings with Dr. Kevin Smith will help patients throughout New York identify emerging issues, treat problem areas like stains or tartar buildup, and leave the patient with a clean, bright, more attractive smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Benefits
Cosmetic dentistry helps patients repair, restore, or gain anew a healthy-looking smile and confident appearance. Erosion of the tooth’s surface can be reversed, thus strengthening the tooth and preventing further wear and tear. Stains or natural variations in the color of the teeth can be treated, giving the teeth a more uniform appearance.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Treatments used in cosmetic dentistry include:
• Dental implants
• Zoom Whitening
To treat issues like:
• Irregular gumline
• Misshapen teeth
Cosmetic dentistry uses methods like bleachings, veneers, and bondings to correct and improve discolored, misshapen, or irregular teeth. Crowns, bridges, and dental implants restore functionality to the teeth and make any gaps or missing teeth virtually unnoticeable.
Dr. Kevin Smith is an expert cosmetic dentist in the Upper West Side. If you have any questions pertaining to dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, Zoom whitening, veneers or dentures in the Upper West Side, Hell's Kitchen, Broadway, Central Park West and New York, NY or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
What To Expect During a Typical Visit To The Dentist in the Upper West Side
For many people that live in or work near the Upper West Side a visit to a dentist can be time consuming, costly, and often leads to a diagnosis of more appointments and more expense. If you haven’t been to the dentist in a long while, either because of the fear of a poor diagnosis, painful treatment, or the expense involved in dental care, you may be more open to the idea of conscientious dental health care and habits if you know what to expect during a typical dentist visit. Dr. Kevin Smith proudly provides his dentist services through out New York as well.
What can you expect during a typical visit to the dentist in the Upper West Side?
Cleanings involve scaling (or scraping) the surface of the teeth of plaque and tartar, and then, a vigorous tooth polishing (like brushing, just better). Good dental health care starts with preventative dental health care. A regular schedule of dental cleanings with Dr. Kevin Smith ensures that your teeth are being cleaned with a critical eye. Any small problems identified during a regular cleaning can be corrected quickly and easily, before they become big problems. Big problems mean big procedures with big bills. Stay ahead of tooth decay with a regular cleaning schedule.
Examinations and Treatment.
Regular examinations by Dr. Kevin Smith will help identify any emerging or chronic issues and discuss with you a plan for treatment. You may need to have X-rays taken as part of your examination. Treatment by the team at Dr. Kevin Smith’s office may be covered by your insurance, and payments over the course of treatment, if necessary, can be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. Kevin Smith and the team at Dr. Kevin Smith’s office know the patient experience while undergoing treatment. Comfort and trust between the patient and the doctor is key. Dr. Kevin Smith’s is experienced in the latest methods of pain-free dentistry. Some patients prefer being treated while under sedation. Sedation dentistry is a method of treatment where the patient is administered a mild sedative before the procedure. Don’t let fear or stress be a reason you don’t visit the dentist.
Regular checkups to the dentist ensure that tooth decay or other dental problems are treated at the earliest possible opportunity. X-rays and cleanings help to reveal issues that may not be obvious in a visual examination. An appointment every three-to-six months is recommended to keep on top of your dental health care.
Dr. Kevin Smith is an expert dentist in the Upper West Side. If you have any questions pertaining to dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, Zoom whitening, veneers or dentures in the Upper West Side, Hell's Kitchen, Broadway, Central Park West and New York, NY or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
Do You Live in the Upper West Side and Need a Cosmetic Dentist?
Dr. Kevin Smith and his professional team is proud to provide cosmetic dentist services to his patients that live in or work near the Upper West Side. Although cosmetic dentistry is used for appearance purposes it can also a remedy for common dental issues as well. Dr. Kevin Smith also serves patients that live in or work near Central Park West, the Upper 70s and Hells Kitchen.
Cosmetic dentistry delivers benefits that Dr. Kevin Smith and his team know help in whitening and shaping teeth, closing gaps between the teeth, performing repairs and restorations with veneers and crowns, and restoring proper tooth function with dental implants. Cosmetic dentistry is focused on the appearance of the teeth, but cosmetic treatment for some dental issues can improve the function of the teeth as well as their appearance.
There are many benefits of cosmetic dentistry, including:
- Social Benefits
- Health Benefits
- Restorative Benefits
Cosmetic dentistry can create for you a more confident smile and a more confident you! Although it may seem silly at first, the truth is that having the confidence to show a healthy looking smile will make you seem more approachable to others. Cosmetic dentistry helps improve the way others see you. Having a better looking, straighter and more functional smile can also change the way others perceive and act toward you. Studies have shown that people with brighter smiles and an attractive appearance have a better chance in getting job interviews and more of an advantage during social events.
Cosmetic dental surgery can provide you with not only a healthier looking smile, but it can impact your health in general. Dr. Kevin Smith mentions that in order to keep your teeth looking bright, white and new, you will want to kick your old habits of eating junk food, smoking cigarettes and drinking sugary drinks. This will not only help you keep your teeth looking good, but will also have a positive impact on your daily decisions and the way you live your life. Here are some common reasons why teeth become discolored:
- Drinking tea/coffee
- Eating certain foods
- Certain medications
Dental fillings are known as a common procedure used to treat and restore decayed teeth. Dr. Kevin Smith says that dental fillings also play a part in cosmetic dentistry because you can select the type of fillings (made of composite or porcelain material) that will match the color of your teeth. Many people choose to have old silvertone fillings replaced with these newer materials to help maintain the tooth’s natural appearance.
- Teeth Whitening: Although home teeth whitening kits are available, it can take a lot longer than an in-office visit; This requires a chemical process that will make your teeth brighter and whiter. Remember your teeth can become stained if constantly exposed to the same substances that originally stained them.
- Bonding: Helps to fill in spaces between teeth, fill small cavities, or protect the exposed root of a tooth.
- Crowns: Sometimes called “caps,” a crown completely covers a tooth to restore its original shape and appearance.
- Dental Bridges: The replacement of missing teeth with artificial teeth.
Dr. Kevin Smith offers various types of cosmetic dentistry services. These include:
- Teeth whitening
- Non-surgical gum treatments
Dr. Kevin Smith is the expert in cosmetic dentistry. If you have any questions pertaining general dentistry, Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, teeth whitening, zoom whitening, veneers or dentures in NYC, the Upper West Side, Hells Kitchen, Central Park West and the West 70s or would like to schedule an complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
What To expect When Getting Invisalign In NYC
Dr. Kevin Smith and his professional team is proud to provide Invisalign to his patients in NYC. For those that don’t know what Invisalign is, Dr. Kevin Smith is glad to help you understand how it works. Invisalign is a series of clear pastic aligner trays that help make orthodontic treatment go faster while simultaneously being more comfortable to the wearer, removable and way less visible to the naked eye when compared to traditional metal braces.
How Invisalign Works
- First a molding of your teeth and jaw positioning will be casted. Then a using 3D digital scanner to create your customized clear aligner trays.
- A series of clear, snap-on trays that apply a controlled amount of force to your teeth, forcing them to shift will be created for every phase of your teeth movement. They are usually changed every 2 weeks.
- Throughout the process, you will visit Dr. Kevin Smith every six weeks to ensure treatment is progressing as planned. Once your treatment is complete, you will likely wear a clear retainer to ensure your new smile stays in place.
Invisalign clear aligners are indicated in the treatment of:
- Gapped Teeth: Gapped teeth can occur because of abnormal growth in the jawbone or when existing teeth spread and move to fill the space where a tooth or teeth are missing. Invisalign clear aligners are an effective treatment for positioning gapped teeth into a more functional and attractive position within the mouth.
- Overbite: An overbite (or medically, an “overjet”) is when the upper row of teeth extend out an angle and lie in front of the lower row of teeth when the patient’s mouth is closed. An overbite can cause pain in the jaw or even gum disease. Treatment with Invisalign can correct the overbite and position the teeth more naturally.
- Underbite: Underbites are the opposite of overbites. Underbites occur when the upper row of teeth bites behind the lower row of teeth. Usually, underbites are caused by an overgrown lower jaw or an underdeveloped upper jaw. Invisalign effectively corrects this misalignment.
- Open Bite: Open bites occur when the upper row of teeth and the lower row of teeth do not meet in the middle of your smile. This can be caused by a misaligned or abnormal jaw or by thumb sucking. In most patients with an open bite, there is an impairment, and possible pain, with eating and speech. With Invisalign, there is often less pain during treatment compared to other orthodontic treatment options.
- Overcrowded: When all of the teeth cannot fit into the mouth in correct position. While not typically painful, overcrowded teeth can lead to an accumulation of food, plaque, and tartar, which may lead to tooth decay or gum disease.
- Crossbite: Crossbite occurs when both the upper and the lower rows of teeth are misaligned in relation to each other. Crossbite can cause abnormal wear on the teeth and lead to bone loss or gum disease.
Dr. Kevin Smith is the expert in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, zoom whitening, veneers or dentures in NYC, the Upper West Side, West side Manhattan, Central Park West, the West 70s or would like to schedule an complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441
Family Dentist in Manhattan NY
Let Dr. Kevin Smith be your family dentist in Manhattan, NY. Dr. Kevin Smith has been at his practice since 1993 and has been serving patients in the Upper West Side, West side Manhattan, Central Park West, the West 70s and the 10023 zip code area.
We offer our family dentist services to clients throughout Manhattan NY. We know that preventative care can help you and your children now and save your teeth in the future. Dr. Kevin Smith cares from day one about all of their patients. You will always see a certified professional hygienist or dentist depending on the work you need done. We can do the standard cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns and bridges or we can work on the more complicated situations that requireInvisalign, whitening and even cosmetic dentistry. We want you to have the smile that makes you happy. Sometimes the strain of life can show on your teeth, but the services With Dr. Kevin Smith can reverse just about any damage and give you the teeth you always wished you had.
Dr. Kevin Smith can cover all of your family dental needs in Manhattan, NY. Some of the services we provide include:
• General Dentist
• Cosmetic Dentistry
• Teeth Whitening
• Zoom Whitening
Dr. Kevin Smith is the expert Family Dentistry. If you have any questions pertaining general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, zoom whitening, veneers or dentures in Manhattan NY, the 10023 zip code area, the Upper West Side, West side Manhattan, Central Park West, the West 70s or would like to schedule an complimentary consultation with Dr. Kevin Smith contact us at: (212) 799-1441